Spider plant left in the sun

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Hello! This is my first post here. I am trying to find out if there is any hope for my spider plant. It’s about a year old (I think). The other day my mother, with only the best intentions, thought it needed some sun, put it out on the porch and forgot about it...It was there all day. This is the desert, it is NOT cold here right now, it is hot...

So, most of my poor plant’s leaves turned brown and limp and dead. :( I trimmed all the dead bits off (see photos). Now I’m just wondering—is it possible for the plant to recover? I’m pretty attached to it, it’s the only houseplant I haven’t killed or made to look very sad. I’m great with the aquatic plants in my fish tanks, but anything growing in a pot is somehow allergic to me...

Attachments

• 5B828BEC-336D-4156-B8EF-82F40CBBC30C.jpeg
    5B828BEC-336D-4156-B8EF-82F40CBBC30C.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 7453765B-B8DC-4BAD-B3E7-4639061F34BB.jpeg
    7453765B-B8DC-4BAD-B3E7-4639061F34BB.jpeg
    91.9 KB · Views: 212
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh no, sorry about your plant! Houseplants are allergic to me to. :) Just keep babying your plant: water with room temperature soft water(rain water) and keep it in a low, to medium lit place. Don't give up on it, I'm sure there's hope for it! ;)

auntiecindi

My Waffle KITTY !
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh dear, I am always telling my husband not to open the curtain all the way because the spider plants don't like direct sun. The tips are always turning brown. I am hoping to have a very healthy spider full and vibrant but I have a dozen or more small and large that are a bit scraggly looking. Keep caring for this one without watering too much and maybe it will come back. I had an Arrowhead I cut all the way back to the soil. I put it out of site and one day a few weeks later I noticed it was all growing up again. Good luck... let me know how you make out.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Spider plants tend to love indirect sunlight or you can risk the situation that's happened to you, or burnt tips. Keep it watered every 5-7 days and make sure to cut off any leaves that die in the future. You should be able to get it back to life, I have no doubt in that, it would just need more of your attention than some of your other plants. Good luck!

Ask a Question