Spider plant laying flat

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I’ve had a spider plant in my daughters room for 5 years. I ended up putting the first one outside because I thought it was the source of a bug infestation we had but turned out it wasn’t. I got a new one in the meantime that we’ve had for 9 months. Never had a problem with either plant. They always looked great and I have even had compliments on them. But last week, my husband moved the plant out of the room for maybe 10 mins and later that night, I noticed that all the leaves were now laying flat. At first I thought it just needed some water but that didn’t help it. What is going on? Could that brief relocation really side this? What can I do about it?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Photos please. Moving a Spider Plant (presumably Chlorophytum comosum) for ten minutes should not cause all the leaves to lay flat, unless it was somehow run over or crushed by something... or perhaps exposed to sub-freezing temperatures. Was it placed outside in weather that cold? More information is needed, and photos.

I've actually grown Chlorophytum comosum in-ground outdoors for decades in my garden, so I know it can take light frosts, but sources say no lower than some point in the 20ºs.

Last edited:

Ask a Question