Spider mite or regular spider??

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have a few plants all around my window. Recently I noticed a few webs across a couple of the plants to I sprayed them with neem oil and waited a few days. Now I've noticed that there is a bit more webs, however it is more like individual threads rather than the kind of netting that the spider mite webs usually make.

I've also realized that there is a spider or two making webs in the corners of my window, on my lamp next to the plants, and now there's even a thread of web going from the top of my lamp to the middle of the ceiling.

I took my magnifier to the leaves and all I found is this clump of white stuff. Are these dead spider mites?? They dont really look the same as pics of spider mites online... and I only saw this on one leaf on one of my plants.
20200420_182316.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks like mealybugs. Any soap will effectively suffocate the mealybugs as the soap coats the bug and also breaks down their protective waxy layer. Just mix the dishwashing soap in water and spray on the plant twice a week until all white spots disappear.

Ask a Question