Speeding up the compost process

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I have just moved into a lovely new cottage and am facing the challenge of starting a garden in the mid-summer heat. Yay. lol.

I have a huge pile in the back of yard, tree and weed cuttings. I want to speed up the process of composting. I'd like to hear tips and tricks from some of you! What's your advice for making compost faster?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello! I have just moved into a lovely new cottage and am facing the challenge of starting a garden in the mid-summer heat. Yay. lol.

I have a huge pile in the back of yard, tree and weed cuttings. I want to speed up the process of composting. I'd like to hear tips and tricks from some of you! What's your advice for making compost faster?
Adequate moisture and molasses. The carbohydrates in molasses stimulates the biological activity of the fungi and bacteria present in all of that great organic material in your compost pile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would love to start a compost and your title caught me! Chuck is such a great gardender and his advice is what I will follow. Moisture and olasses sound simple enough for me to tackle :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
A little actively-aerated compost tea is the best way to add the liquid, as it instantaneously boosts the microbial life of your compost.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chuck has such good advice about gardening I would be sure to follow his instructions. I hope the heat does not stop you from getting into your garden and having fun. I maybe out there in the heat myself trying to do a little gardening as it has finally stopped raining ever day here.

Ask a Question