Sometimes just sometimes,

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Hi folks,
My day started off good and then the phoned rang,
It was the SPCA and they asked if i could collect a dog from a house and the french police are there and they'll help me get the dog into my trailer,
they're really over run with a packed centre,

I could'nt say yes quick enough and within 10 mins both myself and my wife had the trailer sorted/plus dog basket/water/lead and some roasted chicken
(just about all dogs love chicken and anyone who knows anything about dogs knows food is the greatest way to their hearts,

Thanks to Sat -Nav we arrived at the address and we're greeted by the police and told not to go inside the celler as they'd bring the dog to us and did we have a sack or blanket ?

Alarm bells started to ring "but i gave them the blanket"

The police woman asked if i'd open the trailer door as it would make it easier,
The two police came out with the blanket being held in each corner, the dog was put in the trailer and my wife had the dish of water ready to give the dog a drink ,
But as the police woman said, the dog wont be needing any water or food,

The dog was dead, it had died within the time we'd recieved the call, it was all mattered and stunk, & very thin.
We took the dog to the SPCA and even they did'nt know it was dead,

We stayed for 30mins and had a coffee while the staff removed the dog from the trailer,
They told us its the first day of opening due to this virus and people we're arriving to adopt dogs, some have been on hold for months,
Again due to no public allowed in the centre because of the virus and rules,

I saw something today i feel i should share with any animal lovers, i walked around the outside of the cages, "looking at the dogs that had given up on getting a home, they looked so sad, "But two dogs that we're taken out of the cages to be introduced to their new owners suddenly had smiles on their faces,
Tails wagging excited panic set in and when they got to the car park and the new owners cars both jumped in "no hesitation what so ever,
They'd got that second chance "the one they thought would never come.

We drove home not knowing why the dog we went to collect had died ,

But not only did i see the second chanced dogs show real excitement at going to a new home, It also ignited the dream we've had for a long time and thats if
We get the chance (lottery) we're going to have our dream rescue centre one day.

Ask a Question