Sometimes I think maybe I shouldn't be let loose with a saw!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Maybe someone in my household should see that look in my eye and stop me o_O:devil::eek:.
I pruned my lavatera a vew weeks ago..... But i decided it was still going to be too big, takes away from the standard wysteria nearby, so away i went with the hacksaw and secateurs. I should have been trimming it back right from the start so it would have a better structure, not the twisted limbs it had.
So, please wish me luck or maybe remind me to tie my hands together when the urge takes me over.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It'll grow back :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Needs must... occasionally.

This you can just see up against the fence behiind the waterfall and next to the conifer last May, always grew tall produced an awful lot of foliage and dropped the lot after Christmas each year. So the top always got a bit of a prune.

But I'd had enough.

So a week ago, I sneaked up on it with my jigsaw held behind my back and cut it right back.

Still more leaves to drop before the new growth takes over. Room now for a couple more clematis.

Ask a Question