Some strange patterns on the leaves

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
I recently noticed some strange patterns on the leaves of my plants, as you can see in the attached pictures.
Can anyone help me with it? What should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 238
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I recently noticed some strange patterns on the leaves of my plants, as you can see in the attached pictures.
Can anyone help me with it? What should I do?
The first picture is of what is called leaf miners. There isn't much you can do now except to remove the affected leaves. Use neem oil as a preventative. On the second picture that looks like the beginning of a mealy bug infestation. Spray them with neem oil also whenever you see them. Spray all of your plants because mealy bugs will infest everything.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
The first picture is of what is called leaf miners. There isn't much you can do now except to remove the affected leaves. Use neem oil as a preventative. On the second picture that looks like the beginning of a mealy bug infestation. Spray them with neem oil also whenever you see them. Spray all of your plants because mealy bugs will infest everything.
Thanks Chuck.
I did what you said. I am spraying them with Neem oil but the leaf miners are still mining its leaves :-(. The plant is not feeling well, all its flowers are dying. Maybe I cut too many leaves

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks Chuck.
I did what you said. I am spraying them with Neem oil but the leaf miners are still mining its leaves :-(. The plant is not feeling well, all its flowers are dying. Maybe I cut too many leaves
I know of nothing you can do except to let the miners run their course. All you can do is what you're doing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Miners rarely kill a plant (unless in big numbers). The main issue they cause is that it makes the leaves look unsightly. I feel like the mealy bugs may be causing the sadness. I recommend neem oil as well.

Moh

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
Netherlands
Miners rarely kill a plant (unless in big numbers). The main issue they cause is that it makes the leaves look unsightly. I feel like the mealy bugs may be causing the sadness. I recommend neem oil as well.
Thanks. I am spraying them regularly. I hope they go away eventually :).

Ask a Question