Some photos from Norfolk

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We were visiting my Grandma in Norfolk last week - she lives in the North-East part, near the Broads. We went to the Radar Museum at Neatishead on one of the days, and had a pleasant afternoon in Horning on one of the other days. Here are some photos :)

Cold War room at the Radar Museum:
DSC_0061.JPG

Bloodhound missile outside:
DSC_0088.JPG

Some photos from Horning:
DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0101.JPG

We tried to have a ride on this boat but it was fully booked! :(
DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0114.JPG

DSC_0117.JPG

DSC_0131.JPG

It's a very pretty, old village:
DSC_0134.JPG

DSC_0136.JPG

Some of the boats look like they need some TLC!
DSC_0138.JPG

Such a lovely place to visit :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Love Norfolk and we went to Havens. Every time I went there I ate until my tummy ached. Such lovely foods. Love Norfolk - love anywhere with a stretch of water. We first stayed in a shed with a boat outside and it had a most peculiar smell. I couldn't sleep. I complained about the smell and got the money back. That could have been a lovely holiday. Havens was OK, but the noises was expected. We hired a boat for the first holiday and it was easy to steer. Fond memories! I bet you must have had a good time there, Becky!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We hired a boat for the first holiday and it was easy to steer. Fond memories! I bet you must have had a good time there, Becky!

My grandparents used to live on a boat on the Norfolk Broads! We used to stay with them for a couple of weeks every summer, and my grandad taught me to sail. It was great! :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My grandparents used to live on a boat on the Norfolk Broads! We used to stay with them for a couple of weeks every summer, and my grandad taught me to sail. It was great! :)

Ex knows how to sail. It was in the sailing club where he had his initiation to alcohol!

Ask a Question