Solar Powered Lawn Mower

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I saw this solar powered lawn mower online. Has anybody ever bought one? I will like to have it in my compound.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I play with solar power in my greenhouses and to run water pumps for bird bsths, etc.

I googled the solar power robotic lawnmower and thd price tag was pretty scary!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I saw a robotic lawn mower at work last year in Telfs Austria. Don't know whether it was solar but it was fascinating to watch, bumping, changing course. We stood for quite a while quite fascinated but it was a flat small garden. Don't think it would suit my place. We have a few obstacles, least of which dog bones I'd not collected so we've just had to replace the blade on our little ride on.:confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have no way of investing in a solar lawn mower, and we have always used the gas mower until it broke. Now, I have a lawn care guy to maintain the property at a very affordable price.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I have also seen that solar powered lawn mower but so expensive. You see, lawn mower is not common here and only the rich buy it. But with the solar, some who know said that the battery may be a problem that it when it needs a replacement because of the availability of the battery. Just be sure of the after-sales service when you buy it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
If I had a solar-powered mower my garden would look like Borneo.

Haha same here! :LOL:

If you live in a place with lots of sun then I bet it would be great though. I always enjoy hearing about new developments in technology, particularly if they help the environment / preserve natural resources (y)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
The thought is nice but we have 5 trees that block the sun so I doubt if it would work in the back and the front has a steep slop. Sounds like a flat yard is the best candiate for that type of tool. I would not mind having one though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Aside from this summer, which has been exceptionally dry and sunny, solo power equipment does not work well around here because we get a lot of rain and overcast weather conditions. When the sun is shining solar power works well, but not when it is dreary outside. I love the thought of a solar power lawn mower though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
The one that came up when I did a search was around $2,500. USD and made by Husqvarna (good rep). Is that the one you were looking at?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
To much shade for a solar mower here. I have a Greenwork cordless electric mower and it cost me only .50 cents a month to use This is my second cordless mower The first one was left out in the rain. No more gas cans sitting around.

Ask a Question