So thrilled fat buds on Orchid again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
This will be 3rd time this has rebloomed .

Its great when they rebloom I shall take a photo in daylight.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
orchid1.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's great news! I was sad the other day when one of mine dropped its flowers but it has sprung a new spike along with some more buds. It's nice having happy orchids! Let us see some photos when it has flowered :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm happy for you, Scotkat!:) Growing plants is so rewarding. Today, I found three new buds that my miniature roses had produced. It really made me smile. I'll get a few more flowers before winter comes, it's wonderful:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I thought that the orchid plant my son gave me last year will have no chance of survival with me, but to my surprise, it lives and blooms with gorgeous flowers. According to the direction, I suppose to feed it with five ice cubes a week! Can you imagine, ice cubes? But it works!!!
IMG_1206.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's really lovely!
Orchids aren't as difficult to grow as many people think. Mine is doing fine even though I haven't fed it yet, I just water it from time to time:)

Reaction score
Beautiful color!!! I hope everything is ok with you, I haven't seen you in a while? Are you ok? I stopped seeing you around the forum since you told me about your diagnosis. I see your last post on your bog dates back to march :( I hope all is well.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I thought that the orchid plant my son gave me last year will have no chance of survival with me, but to my surprise, it lives and blooms with gorgeous flowers. According to the direction, I suppose to feed it with five ice cubes a week! Can you imagine, ice cubes? But it works!!!
View attachment 4541

Beautiful orchid IcyBC and lovely healthy looking buds on yours scotkat. They are both the indoor ones I'm guessing, the ones I have killed I'm afraid. I do have healthy cymbidium orchids though. I have 4 in large pots and some smaller ones that I think are something different, hanging type ones I think. Each have new spikes so I have some lovely flowers to look forward to. Wonderful, isn't it?:ROFLMAO::love::)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful orchid IcyBC and lovely healthy looking buds on yours scotkat. They are both the indoor ones I'm guessing, the ones I have killed I'm afraid. I do have healthy cymbidium orchids though. I have 4 in large pots and some smaller ones that I think are something different, hanging type ones I think. Each have new spikes so I have some lovely flowers to look forward to. Wonderful, isn't it?:ROFLMAO::love::)

That is fantastic and I would love to see your orchids! I was told that orchids are hard to keep, and especially for me, I always am scared of killing it. My orchid flowers lasted so long this time too! Happy happy happy I am :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Its a healthy looking Phalaenopsis, wish I get them to grow for me, I can grow just about any orchid and get them to bloom for me but the Phalaenopsis just don't do well in my plant room.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Some years ago, my colleagues gave me an orchid for my birthday. Every year it blooms just once and in time for my birthday. But in the recent years, it had stopped blooming so we planted it on the ground. It used to be in a pot with no soil. Do you think we should plant it back to a pot with coco coir for the soil substitute?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Some years ago, my colleagues gave me an orchid for my birthday. Every year it blooms just once and in time for my birthday. But in the recent years, it had stopped blooming so we planted it on the ground. It used to be in a pot with no soil. Do you think we should plant it back to a pot with coco coir for the soil substitute?

Do you know what kind of orchid it is ? most orchid don't grow in the grown. I would put it back in the put, coco coir or a good orchid mix. how often do you feed it ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Do you know what kind of orchid it is ? most orchid don't grow in the grown. I would put it back in the put, coco coir or a good orchid mix. how often do you feed it ?

No, I really don't know anything about orchid. So I guess we should put it back to where it was before. The broken clay pot needs a replacement and I would probably buy tomorrow. We water it everyday and until now we still water it atlhough it is planted in soil already. I will try to find a potting medium for the orchid in the market.

Ask a Question