Snake plant brown and squishy spots

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey guys! I bought this snake plant about two weeks ago. I haven’t watered it cause it was wet when I got it and it still feels damp. I’ve noticed soft squishy spots in it though that leak fluid if you touch them. And these pock marks.., is this fungal it from the store over watering the he poor guy?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 115
Reaction score
Country
United States
The soft stuff could be from being too wet, but you have stopped in time to save it. You made a good call when you didn't water and now wait until the top two or three inches is soil is dry before watering again. Snakes plant are succulents and store water for long periods of time.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The soft stuff could be from being too wet, but you have stopped in time to save it. You made a good call when you didn't water and now wait until the top two or three inches is soil is dry before watering again. Snakes plant are succulents and store water for long periods of time.
Thanks so much to the feedback!!!

Ask a Question