Smart Pots?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
No clue what to think about these pots, but they are all over the internet. It says something about "air pruning". I am mainly interested because it isn't so darn expensive as other pots. They also say something about benefiting the plant. What do you think about these?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have "smart seedling starter" containers. All it really is is a space for dry air to kill the end of the roots. On seedlings it works great but on a tree???????????/It seems to me that the more roots you have on a tree the better off the tree will be, but, I have never used one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Why would you want to kill the ends of the roots on seedlings? :confused:
So they don't all tangled up with each other. Better to keep the root tips pruned than to have a bunch of seedlings all grown together and have to really damage roots getting them apart.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Brazil
What do you think about these?
I have some fabric pots here, I am not talking about a particular brand... I like the idea of fabric pots.

They work well, are not expensive, and are easier to handle and store. They have some cons, but in my experience the benefits are greater. (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been using fabric pots for a couple of months and I like them. The only negative I can say is that transplanting is not so easy.

Ask a Question