Small Whitish / Brown Moths..

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I recently decided to trim the front garden hedge ( Min-a-Min which is a dwarf Murraya ) and out came hundreds of little whitish/brown moths.... The hedge itself looks perfectly healthy but i am concerned about what the moths could be doing... Can anyone please advise as to what they are and what my course of action should be...

Cheers
Alan...

Attachments

• 20220216_072618.jpg
    20220216_072618.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The moths themselves aren't doing any harm, but they MIGHT be laying eggs to later hatch out into caterpillars which will do harm to your hedge. If it were me I wouldn't do anything until I saw some caterpillars and then I would spray with Bt.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The moths themselves aren't doing any harm, but they MIGHT be laying eggs to later hatch out into caterpillars which will do harm to your hedge. If it were me I wouldn't do anything until I saw some caterpillars and then I would spray with Bt.
Thx Chuck,

What is BT ??

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bacillus thuringiensis, usually abbreviated B.t., is a 'beneficial' bacteria used as a bio-pesticide. It only kills the larvae of moths and butterflies (Lepidoptera) and doesn't persist in the environment or harm non-target organisms. Of course, you still want to use it only when truly needed, especially if you like butterflies... and moths too.

Ask a Question