Small tomatoes ripening?

Reaction score
We are growing tomato plants in containers and our best one now has a couple of tomatoes ripening. The only problem is, they're tiny! I'm guessing once they are ripe they wont get any bigger? How can I stop this from happening to the others?

We are currently feeding with tomato feed every couple of weeks and feeding with an epsom salt solution every so often because our outdoor lot have magnesium deficiency. I'm not sure if there's anything else we can do!

This is our first time growing tomatoes. Anybody have any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We are growing tomato plants in containers and our best one now has a couple of tomatoes ripening. The only problem is, they're tiny! I'm guessing once they are ripe they wont get any bigger? How can I stop this from happening to the others?

We are currently feeding with tomato feed every couple of weeks and feeding with an epsom salt solution every so often because our outdoor lot have magnesium deficiency. I'm not sure if there's anything else we can do!

This is our first time growing tomatoes. Anybody have any suggestions?
I am experiencing the same thing on at least 4 different varieties of tomatoes. Without fail the ripening tomatoes were all the first to set and shortly after they set and were about the size of a pea we had a rather significant temperature drop for a few days. I think this temperature drop somehow did something to them. All of the rest of the tomatoes on these plants that set fruit later are completely normal. All of these ripening fruits are almost the exact same size too, about 2/3 the size of a golf ball

Reaction score
If they are not getting enough sunlight each day then you will be getting tiny tomatoes. Tomatoes glory in full sun and at minimum they need at least eight hours. If their roots are crowded they will do the same thing.

Reaction score
They're moneymaker tomatoes.

Thank you, I think it's probably to do with sunlight then because this one is in a pretty big pot. Although we did have a sudden drop in temperature too.

Ask a Question