Small mango tree problem ID?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. New to the forums, and I have an issue Im looking for help with.

I was recently given a small honey mango tree, it's about 3 feet tall. Its planted in my backyard in Central Florida, and while it's growing good, most of the leaves have black spots along the edges on both sides of them, and there are holes in several of the leaves that appear to have been eaten by something.. Can.someone help me identify what's wrong with it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It looks a lot like anthracnose disease, which is a fungal disease. I have no experience with it, but from what I've read about it, the infected pieces should be pruned back and the soil should be cleaned with drip irrigation rather than sprinkler irrigation. But don't take my word for it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
You have healthy new leaves forming ( the reddish color ones ) so cut off all the affected green leaves and dispose of them. Don’t mulch or compost them. I would go to a real garden center and ask them if they can recommend a good spray. Next I would mulch the ground around the tree at least 2’ out. This will help keep the weeds from competing for moisture. You may also want to stake the tree for the next couple of years. Those trees are very fragile when young.

Ask a Question