Small fabric pots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Someone gave me some small fabric pots. They probably hold a little less than a gallon of soil. What should I use them for? Any suggestions ?

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Looks like this is pots for houseplants, so typical usage:
houseplants.jpg houseplants2.jpg
or for bonsai:
bonsai.jpg

Usage of pots in design - vertical garden at home or even outdoor:
vertical.jpg vertical_tree.jpg

Even broken pot can be used:
broken_pot.jpg

Untypical using pots

Storage of wine:
vine.jpg

Romantic candlelit dinner:
romantic.jpg

Express grill:
gril.jpg

Figurines of people and animals from pots:
art.jpg art2.jpg art3.jpgart4.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There are plenty of things you could grow in that size, the problem I would foresee is that if they are fabric they could dry out a bit easily as they are losing water all around and not just from the soil surface. Standing them close together and touching in a group would help, the ratio of surface area to volume changes dramatically as you get bigger. They are a good way to grow things on a hardstanding, like a concrete yard, and if you stood them close on a bit of weedy ground it would be just about weed free by the end of the season.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It depends go with something that's easy for your skill level. In gardening, or you can try something new. It's ok if your fruit isn't fully developed tends to be more tender with most things. Plus we aren't sure what you like growing. I'd go with dwarf tomato seeds. If you got some or cherry tomatoes even maybe.

Ask a Question