Sick Skimmia - strange spots on the leafs

Edy

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hello all,
I am hoping you can help me in identifying the problem of my plant.
i bought two Skimmia Plants last year and they survived the winter very well on the balcony. One Skimmia was Blooming around February the other one seemed to be slower but it never went into full blooming and it became clear it’s not well. It started to develop these strange spots on the leafs it didn’t produce any new growth and it is generally sad. I attach photos of these spots on the leafs and the photo of the healthy plant to compare
I have no idea what the problem could be: is it Fungus, pests or is it something wrong with the roots?
please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 118
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 85
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums @Edy :) I am unsure about this problem on your plant, but I can say that it needs ericaceous compost (no lime)
My first thought was white scale insects, but one photo looks like some kind of eggs :unsure:

Edy

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Thank you Tetters ☺️
I see neither insects nor eggs - Nothing is moving there ‍♀️ .. it looks rather like dry patches. I will try to make better photo tomorrow- thanks !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Check the roots to see if the plant is too wet, Skimmia can be prone to rot. Spider mite is another problem to check out.

Ask a Question