Sick plant

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello!

I've just discovered that my indoor cactus plant has a disease. Or atleast I think so. Can anyone offer some help? (Picture below)

Thanks!

Attachments

• received_10209125797696245.jpeg
    received_10209125797696245.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 232
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Hi it looks like a fungal disease, this is usually caused by too much water cactus don't like damp conditions prefer to almost dry out, also prelonged cold is not good as they originate from the desert so a sandy or gritty compost is better than compost with peat and full of quick release fertiliser, if you try to replicate desert conditions you should be able to save it, good luck!

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi it looks like a fungal disease, this is usually caused by too much water cactus don't like damp conditions prefer to almost dry out, also prelonged cold is not good as they originate from the desert so a sandy or gritty compost is better than compost with peat and full of quick release fertiliser, if you try to replicate desert conditions you should be able to save it, good luck!
Okay, thanks!

Ask a Question