Sick holy bush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone my healthy holy as just taken a turn for the worst, it's not happend befor 2weeks ago I gave it and all my flowers its first feed as allways with liquid miracle grow . Should I start earlier with feed or am I giving to much water or to little , look forward to your replys many thanks .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 325
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You should be using Miracid for Holly, not Miracle Grow. Your leaves are not dark enough green indicating high pH, and concurrent low iron. It would be nice to feed it ammonium sulfate pellets once each spring in the future, but you need to get some chelated iron on now. If you start a weekly one gallon Miracid feeding now that should save you, but you do need to do something to overcome high pH without overdoing the N of Miracid. Your problem may be the result of leaching of the house's foundation into an already neutral soil. A heavy mulch of pine needles worked into the soil is also beneficial without raising N to high. If you could dig a skinny trench in-between the house and the Holly and fill it with pine needles that would be helpful, too.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks tree guy , good information I'll see if I can get Miracid in UK or similar, cheers .

Ask a Question