Should I remove spent flower for my jade?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
I have a very well matured jade tree and after blooming all winter, now it's filled with spent flowers. Should I remove them or just let them fall down naturally like it's doing right now or it does not matter?

Not sure if there's any advantages to removing the spent flowers manually

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
I heard one advantage of removing spent flowers manually is to encourage more blooming instead of letting it fall naturally

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When you say ''Jade tree'' which plant do you actually mean? Is it a succulent in a pot, or a tree outside in the garden? If you are not sure, and only know the common name, maybe you could post a photo?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
@Tetters I attached pic of my jade tree in the ground in my garden. Very nice blooming in the winter. now all the flowers are dead and fall down onto the ground by itself. I heard if you manually remove the spent flower then it will encourage more blooming. It might work for other trees but not jade, I'm not sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6088.jpg
    IMG_6088.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the picture. In this case, I would leave that alone and let the flowers fall naturally, however, if you want to tidy it up a bit I don`t think it will hurt to remove them.
I doubt it will make a lot of difference to the flowering in the future, in fact if it bloomed all winter it is time for it to have a rest.

Ask a Question