Should I cut off that branch?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10A
Country
United States
Attached is my mid-night blooming jasmine. As you can see, I noticed there's one branch where all the leaves are brown. All other branches are still green. The branch with all the brown leaves looks alive. The soil in the pot is moist.

So my question is, is it because of autumn that all the leaves turn brown so I don't need to remove that branch and just leave it there so new leaves will come out of it in spring or that branch needs to be removed completely.

Attachments

• IMG_6379.jpg
    IMG_6379.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 138
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Attached is my mid-night blooming jasmine. As you can see, I noticed there's one branch where all the leaves are brown. All other branches are still green. The branch with all the brown leaves looks alive. The soil in the pot is moist.

So my question is, is it because of autumn that all the leaves turn brown so I don't need to remove that branch and just leave it there so new leaves will come out of it in spring or that branch needs to be removed completely.
It's NOT because of autumn. I don't know what caused it but it is not normal for a plant to only have one of its limbs leaves to turn brown. Is the limb the same color green as all the others? The only thing I can think of that might have happened is that the limb was somehow injured and if the color is different I would remove the limb where it emerges from the main stem.

Ask a Question