Shellyann

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
They said the detonation would have really changed things. I wonder how it would have really changed the world?

The situation at Japan's stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant and it's continued massive leakage of radiation hasn't been more than a footnote so far.

Humans are a curious lot.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They said the detonation would have really changed things. I wonder how it would have really changed the world?

Not so much the immediate deaths and fall out that would have followed, but the danger that the pilot didn't get a message that his plane was crashing out in time.

If the USA suddenly had an unexplained H Bomb go off in Carolina they might have assumed it was a Soviet ICBM and launched a counter attack against Russia, who would strike back at the US.

It would have been all over in a few hours and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Maybe some folk in New Zealand might have survived, but I wouldn't rate the rest of the world's chances.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I saw this over the weekend - shocking stuff!! To think that one little switch failing was the only thing that prevented such a massive bomb going off... like you say Zigs, human history would have been very very different.

The bomb was almost 260 times more powerful than the bombs that fell on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathandiaz

Latest Threads