Sharpening the blade

Reaction score
I've never sharpened the blade on my lawn mower before. It seems to be a fairly easy project. Has anyone ever done it. Is there anything I should be especially mindful of?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've never sharpened the blade on my lawn mower before. It seems to be a fairly easy project. Has anyone ever done it. Is there anything I should be especially mindful of?
They are easy to sharpen if you have an angle grinder. It takes forever with a file.. All you need is a vise and safety glasses

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
And make sure it's unplugged :eek: :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
If you have a reel mower, the sharpening kit is reasonably priced, and easy to use. We have a gas-powered, walk behind mower, and also walk-behind and tow shredders. We just take our blades to the local Western Auto and have them sharpened. The price is reasonable, and the sharpening is so good that paying to have the blades sharpened is logical for us.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you have a reel mower, the sharpening kit is reasonably priced, and easy to use. We have a gas-powered, walk behind mower, and also walk-behind and tow shredders. We just take our blades to the local Western Auto and have them sharpened. The price is reasonable, and the sharpening is so good that paying to have the blades sharpened is logical for us.
Plus, if they unbalance them you get a new blade most of the time

Ask a Question