Server move

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
At some point in the next week (between 5th-12th April), we'll be moving the Gardening Forums from the current server to a nice shiny new one :D.

It should be a little bit faster, but the main reason for the move is to make sure that we're able to keep current with PHP/MySQL releases that run the forum software.

The move should be relatively painless, with perhaps ~30 mins or so when I'll need to "freeze" the site so that no content is lost during the move. Once that is done, it will take some time for DNS servers to catch up with the new server location... however I will do my best to make sure that the old server can share the new database so this isn't a problem.

Once I know a little more about when the move will take place, I'll post more here. I'm going to try and wait for a quiet time when not many people are online and then pounce :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to be moving Gardening-Forums.com on to a new server at some point very soon (when it's quiet). This may mean that the site is unavailable for a very short time (under 10 mins), but I'll try and make sure that it's seamless :).

If you spot any bugs or problems over the next day or two, please do let me know so that I can fix it asap :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The site is now moved over to its new home - it may be a little slower than usual for the next day or so (while some background stuff goes on), but after that it should be faster than previously :D.

Ask a Question