Self Watering tray

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey, is this self Watering tray effective? I have a pachiria (money tree) in this terracotta pot and it's sitting in a tray filled with water. I hope it can give it enough humidity it needs but is there a chance it could become over watered? I've also done this with my mango but with much less water. Thanks

Attachments

• 147623980181084076121.jpg
    147623980181084076121.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 297

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm no expert on this, but I don't trust it. :cautious: :LOL:

When I clicked the picture for a close up, I can see that the bottom of the pot is darker, so it is definitely absorbing water.

I'm pretty sure that if you want to increase humidity without over-watering, what you'll need to make is a pebble tray. Just don't keep the water higher than your pebbles! :)

th

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
I don't think it works properly I once had one of those and my plants almost died, I have to say that I didn't take care of my plants properly at that time but even so it wasn't a nice experience. I think the best thing to do it water your plants by yourself and never rely on gimmicks

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@AntonioCalcano, I do not believe that Pablo is wanting a method to water his plants. I was not suggesting the pebble tray as a method for watering his plants. :confused:

It was my understanding that he was looking for a way to increase humidity, without over-watering his plant. That is exactly what a pebble tray does. It does not replace watering the plant. :)

Ask a Question