Self Fertilizing Corn

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what effect this will have the environment. 16 feet is a lot of green waste itself. Interesting article, @DirtMechanic !

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:sleep::sleep::sleep:

I prefer to read the first article again. This is bogged down in details . I am not a dirt mechanic! LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I wonder what effect this will have the environment. 16 feet is a lot of green waste itself. Interesting article, @DirtMechanic !
Being as I also raise steers, having a 16 foot stalk is not a bad thing. I cut the corn long before the cobs are ready to be picked. Roughly chop and give to the stock. For me the return would be small a few extra pounds per animal. Large operation it is a game changer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Compost. Corn waste is some of the best compost additives. Tomatoes too. Tomato vine waste makes it’s own best soil. I’m always looking for more, new ingredients to add to my compost. I probably add 50+ per large pile.

Ask a Question