Seeds for the 2016 Gardens

Reaction score
Every year I purchase from the Veganseeds people. This year I purchased less seeds from vegan seeds company, and am experimenting with another seed company on amazon called SOS (seeds of sustenance). From the vegan seeds company, the pack contained 2,500 Total Non-Hybrid seeds of the follow varieties: 1. TOMATO beefsteak 125 seeds 2. Blue Lake bush Bean 50seeds 3. Kidney Bean 50 seeds 4. lettuce 500 seeds 5. Broccoli 100 6. cabbage green 100 7. Nantes CARROT 300 8. Sweet Corn 50 9. Hales best jumbo Cantaloupe 50 10. Marketmore Cucumber (50 seeds) 11.Ashley Cucumber (50 seeds) 12. black beauty Eggplant 50 seeds 13. cherry belle Radish 50 seeds
14. Spinach 50 seeds 15 Green Pepper (50 seeds) 16. Jalapeno Pepper (50 seeds) 17. Watermelon (45-50 seeds) 18. Yellow Squash (50 seeds) 19. Zucchini 50 seeds 20. Cayenne Pepper (50 seeds) 21. ONION yellow spanish 50 seeds) 22. dark red Beet (50 seeds) 23. Lima Beans (50 seeds) 24.Sunflower Seeds (50 seeds) 25. rutgers TOMATO (125 seed 26. pinto beans 27. Utah celery 28. jack-o-lantern pumpkin 29. peas green 30. cowpeas 31.cilantro 32. brussel sprouts 33. Georgia collard greens 34. turnip greens
From the SOS company, the pack contained 15,000 seeds of the same varieties that was packaged from vegan seeds. Some different and unique varieties in the SOS pack were Green Globe Artichoke, Spineless Okra, Fordhook Lima Bean, Long Purple Eggplant, Large Mixed Gourds, American Purple Top Rutabaga, Big Max Pumpkin, Bilicious Corn, Scotch Curled Kale, Boston Pickling Cucumber, Calabrese Broccoli, Crimson Sweet Watermelon, Giant Nobel Spinach, Green Arrow Pea, Green Flesh Honeydew Melon, Iceberg Lettuce, Large White Rib Swiss Chard, Long Island Brussels Sprouts, Mary Washington Asparagus, Peredovik Sunflower, Red Acre Cabbage, Paris Island Romaine, Purple Top Turnips, Red Cherry Tomato, Red Romaine Lettuce, Red Russian Kale, Roma Tomato, Ruby Onion, Small Sugar Pumpkin, Spaghetti Squash, Sweet Banana Pepper, Victoria Rhubarb, White Snow Puff Corn, Slow Bolt Arugula, Snowball Y Cauliflower, and Sweet Yolo Wonder Pepper.

In the picture below are leftover seeds from previous years, flower seeds recently given to me, and seeds saved from the garden vegetables. Much of the seeds saved from the garden were melon seeds, cushaw seeds, etc.

original post @ Seeds for the 2016 Gardens

-Cassie K, veganslivingofftheland.blogspot.com

Reaction score
Do you have any post on how to save seeds? I'd be very interested in something like that :) If you have talked about that in your blog, please let me know! To this day I am still wondering how this is done! Oh and by the way, nice stash ;D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, you have so many seeds!:) I bet planting them will be a lot of fun. There is nothing more exciting than starting new plants and watching them grow:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Whoo whee..You will have a big wonderful garden this coming summer and that is a lot of seeds. I do collect some seeds from my own garden, but I only have five variety of flowers, which I plan on growing at my new home, and some herbs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh, what a terrific collection of seeds you have there! Your garden will be huge! :) I always have such great fun adding to my own stockpile of seeds. Most of mine are purchased at the local hardware store, but I also save some of my own, especially peas, from year to year. I put the packages in plastic jars and store them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. I wonder if you will be planting all of your seeds this season, or if you ever save any over for next season like I do?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Oh my, I'm loving all those seeds you got there!! I'm sure you're going to have a wonderful time in your garden. Have a wonderful gardening season!!

Ask a Question