Seedling are up... Well, most

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
This is the third year trying to grow fish peppers. Year one, no germination. Year two, gemination but the seedlings didn't make it...I also purchased a starter plants that year, but it yielded nothing. Trying again this year and I have germination, but they are very show compared to the others and I'm still not sure they are going to make it. The whole tray is all various peppers and you can see some of them are doing fairly well. I'm going to put the kids back on tonight to keep a little heart in, but with the lid off the top of the pods measure about 77 degrees with an IR thermometer. Perhaps I just need a new seed source for these??

IMG_20200303_063504282.jpg
IMG_20200303_063452010.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are you covering the seeds with soil? It appears that the seeds are on top of the soil. I have aways had much better luck by barely covering them with soil, maybe 1/8-1/4 inch deep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have had bad luck diverging pellets and tomato seeds. The two sweet pellet varieties in the tray have pretty good germination rates, the two hots (fish and big Jim) not so good. Although the big Jim has two that appear viable. The fish have not come up yet, they have sprouted. There are three to four seeds in each pod, for pods of each variety. I was REALLY hoping for two fish peppers plants this year.

Ask a Question