seed swapping?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there such a thing as seed swapping here? I am on other garden sites and swapping is a big part of it and very enjoyed. Does anyone here swap?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I think that because our most active members are so spread out around the globe, seed swapping isn't a big thing here. Seeds not being shipped directly from a seed company would likely be subjected to X-ray or some other screening that might interfere with germination. There are so many seed exchanges in place already, but if you wanted to swap I'm sure someone here would be willing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Shipping costs alone would be outrageous if we were to try and do a seed swap here. There are literally people from all over the globe on this site. Not to mention that seeds that grow well in one region probably would not do so good in another. Have you tried searching for local seed swaps in your area?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I signed a contract with the border security people not to bring in seeds or soil. I could lose my preferencial treatment at the border for the swap of one seed!

sorry I can't help. ..

Ask a Question