Seed Starting Guide

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thought I'd post this to help alleviate the pain and suffering many will have when their seeds don't sprout.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Messed up big time trying to post this.

Attachments

• scan0002.pdf
    607.3 KB · Views: 316
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Maybe try uploading it and then linking to it? When I click it automatically downloads a .pdf file. That's the sort of thing that sets off alarm bells with most folk. I for one like to see things first and then decide if I want to download them.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
soil-temperatures-for-veggie-seeds.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12b - 13b
Country
Mexico
Thanks for this, I was looking for this info :). I'll just have to convert temps to celsius but no big deal.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for sharing this list. It's very helpful. I want to start growing asparagus this year:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Thanks for sharing - I have had little to no success with growing from seeds, and I think it's because I just haven't researched things like the soil temperatures enough. At least with this information I can go in armed with all the details, and hopefully have a better chance at growing things well!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing this list. It's very helpful. I want to start growing asparagus this year:)
Asparagus seeds are somewhat difficult and take a long time. What you want to do is to is get asparagus crowns (roots) and plant them, and even they take 2 years before harvest. You have to plant them similar to the way you plant potatoes with a trench and hill them up. Not something that is easy to do

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Asparagus seeds are somewhat difficult and take a long time. What you want to do is to is get asparagus crowns (roots) and plant them, and even they take 2 years before harvest. You have to plant them similar to the way you plant potatoes with a trench and hill them up. Not something that is easy to do
Thank you for the advice. I knew that growing asparagus takes a lot of time, but I had no idea it's this long. But I really want to give it a try, because asparagus is delicious:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for the advice. I knew that growing asparagus takes a lot of time, but I had no idea it's this long. But I really want to give it a try, because asparagus is delicious:)
Probably from seed it will take about 4-5 years. From crowns 2.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Probably from seed it will take about 4-5 years. From crowns 2.
I'll definitely grow them from crowns:) Everything can change in 5 years. Who knows, maybe I won't like asparagus anymore:p;)

Ask a Question