Second Choice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We had horrendous winds here on Sunday and all the parks and gardens here in the Dandenongs, famous for their wonderful gardens in Spring time, were closed. We had visitors coming for afternoon tea as they really wanted to show their family member from Malaysia the gardens in this area. Very disappointed and quite flustered by the wind they needed some time out when they arrived. After a cup of tea and a glass of champagne they had to make do with a walk around my garden. What an excuse for me. I loved it:ROFLMAO:. I had the camellias and the azaleas in bloom thay had wanted to see, plus my 2 pride and joys, tree peonie and standard wysteria, sadly not in bloom i got to point out. Plus my 2 gymea lillies about to flower.They were impressed but kept commenting on how much work it was with a hint of head shaking.:confused:. I reassured them of how much i get out of it but I think they think I'm a bit o_O.
rps20161011_043008.jpg
rps20161011_043229.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
A walk through a lovely garden, with the gardener explaining is better than a tour of any public garden! I think your visitors were lucky to see your garden, and get to enjoy it in privacy and leisure.
When a gardener sees something like what you have created--it's inspirational. When a non-gardener comments on "how much work it is" it's time to feel sorry for all the joy they are missing. Who knows? You may have inspired someone!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Totally beautiful. Too bad we live in an instant gratification world. To those folks who commented "a lot of work" I would add " no work, no gratification".

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It looks very pretty. Yesterday was exceedingly windy around here too, it is still a bit breezy but has settled down quite a bit. Yesterday in addition, was cold so it really wasn't the day for outdoor activity, nor was the day before as it rained all day! These are just some of the things you can expect in the Fall/Spring.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
What a beautiful garden I wish I could have a garden like that but I just don't have the space nor time to do it so I have to settle for something smaller and not as awesome as your garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@AntonioCalcano there are as many different kinds of gardens as there are gardeners, it is such in individual process. And maybe in the future you will have more time for a larger garden. What is important is to love whatever garden you have. My garden is small and although i am always making changes to it, it still remains small, but when i am in the garden, i love it for what it is which is a provider of food for pollinators, a birdbath and solar panel for a fountain for the visiting birds, a shelter for a variety of critters, a hammock for the gardener (which would be me) in addition to a patio for human guests, a refugio. and i love it with holes in the leaves and all :love:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thank you everyone for your complements on my garden:). And marlingardener, I guess you never know:rolleyes:. I agree with Beverly re your advice to Antonio, any size garden has its charm and value. As it's spring time here atleast it wasn't cold on Sunday, kgord. Some homes still out of power though, 2 days later. A local school had a tree land on it, everyone is very grateful it was a Sunday and not a school day.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
:love: :love: Your garden is a stunningly beautiful place, DeborahJane. I love every picture you post.

I agree with @marlingardener, I would much rather have a walk through a garden with the gardener explaining, than a tour of a public garden!! (That way I can ask all the questions I want, and smell all the pretty flowers, and let the person responsible know how beautiful it is!)

:sneaky: Next time they go on about how much hard work it is... maybe you should charge admission! ;) :ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question