Scraps in your soil?

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just wondering if anyone knows a good page or website that documents the different types of things we can use as fertiliser/booster and what each thing provides? E.g. what a teabag or eggshell provides to your soil, and whether it's a good or bad idea to use them for the plant you're growing? There's been a lot of hype over using kitchen scraps on the internet, but I'm also wondering whether some of it may be clickbait, exaggerated or not mention some things? So thought I'd ask somewhere among experienced gardeners. Am I right in thinking that, say a banana peel for potassium, wouldn't be a good idea for every single plant?

Reaction score
Country
United States
In a single table spoon of soil, you can find millions and millions of microbes feeding on anything that has ever lived. If you feed the microbes in the soil, the soil will feed the plants and everyone will be happy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
New study reveals common table salt may have been crucial for the origins of life
(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
This guy wrote an e-book ( I think that's what it's called) on Composting Everything.

I've never read it, but you can easily get one; there's a link in his notes section of his videos...His ideas of composting seem very similar to mine, based on his videos I've watched.

Ask a Question