Scottish Independence

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Now it's time to make Scotland a country fit for our grandchildren.
A country where disabled people don't lose their homes if they have a room for storing necessary health equipment, and where they are refused their disabled entitlement in order to pay for tax cuts for the rich.
A country where food banks are unnecessary, rather than one where they run out of food.
A country which exports huge amounts of power, yet where people give food back to food banks because they cannot afford to heat it.
A country which believes in a health service, free at the point of use.
A decent, caring country.
Vote YES to Independence.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United Kingdom
When you start believing politicians lies and double speak then we really are in trouble.
Having been born and brought up in Edinburgh, where I still live and work, I would say it is only a small minority of my friends and colleagues who are going to vote yes.
Alex Salmond hasn't thought the issues through well enough when it comes to currency, and how he's going to fund all his welfare spending.
I for one will be moving my money in to an English bank account should the yes vote win.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
When you start believing politicians lies and double speak then we really are in trouble.
Having been born and brought up in Edinburgh, where I still live and work, I would say it is only a small minority of my friends and colleagues who are going to vote yes.
Alex Salmond hasn't thought the issues through well enough when it comes to currency, and how he's going to fund all his welfare spending.
I for one will be moving my money in to an English bank account should the yes vote win.
Your money is probably already IN an English bank account.
Ask as many questions as you like, I'll answer them.

Westminster has previous:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCrone_report

Dennis Healy : "I think we did underplay the value of the oil to the country because of the threat of [Scottish] nationalism... I think they [Westminster politicians] are concerned about Scotland taking the oil, I think they are worried stiff about it."

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has come into a political debate.

As it was not ment be.

I just wanted to share the beautiful event of photos with all.
You make political debate sound like something to be avoided at all costs.
The Scottish independence referendum is likely to be the most important vote that anyone has ever had.
I see it as an opportunity to build a country worth being proud of, and that's an important matter.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
What concerns me is all the Scots living in Britain. Will they all have to apply for British citizenship or work permits? I heard that if Scotland leaves the union then they'll have to re apply for membership of the EU. Will they loose the right of abode in England?

Bang goes the union flag too, won't be able to have the Cross of St.Andrew in it anymore.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
What concerns me is all the Scots living in Britain. Will they all have to apply for British citizenship or work permits? I heard that if Scotland leaves the union then they'll have to re apply for membership of the EU. Will they loose the right of abode in England?

Bang goes the union flag too, won't be able to have the Cross of St.Andrew in it anymore.
http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides...an-union-membership-not-in-doubt-claims-esrc/
Scotland's European Union membership 'not in doubt' claims study

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
So the EU bit looks ok, but what about the other issues?

I only ask as I have a Scottish friend living in London who is quite worried about the whole thing,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
So the EU bit looks ok, but what about the other issues?

I only ask as I have a Scottish friend living in London who is quite worried about the whole thing,
I'll start another thread, as it's detracting from Scotkat's brilliant photos, and you, and anyone else, may ask me about any Independence issues on it, or take issue with my replies.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved our posts from Scotkat's thread into this one now :)

Last edited:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Good point, i'm English and even I wouldn't put my money in an English bank :eek:

Ask a Question