Scientists develop cress that turns red in the presence of landmines

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
It's a good idea, until there's a thunderstorm. Lightning fixes nitrogen from the atmosphere, that's why plants grow better after a good storm.

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how that plays out. Hopefully they've accounted for things like that, but if they didn't it wouldn't be the first time some crucial detail was overlooked.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is really interesting! I hope that plants will help to find and to avoid landmines. Thank you for sharing!:)

Reaction score
That is amazing. I hope that it works out and is helpful in the areas where it is needed!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That is a really great idea, I hope it works well there. Anything to help with landmine detection is good in my book!

Reaction score
That's a brilliant idea. So many people have been hurt or killed by random landmines that are still out there. Anything that can help locate those mines so they can be destroyed is great. Who knew that plants could save lives?

Ask a Question