Schefflera

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Does any of you grow Schefflera plants? I bought one two weeks ago and I think it's stunning. I know it's not very reasonable, but I spent my last dollar on it, lol;) I went to buy bread and came back with Schefflera:love:

20160416_125811.jpg

Its leaves are gorgeous, here is a close up:

20160416_125823.jpg

Unfortunately, my Schefflera is losing leaves:( Do you think I should water it more often? Currently, I water it twice a week.

Last edited:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the Schefflera plant. It does take a little time for the plant to adjust to it's new home and once it has a home do not move it. The plant does not like sitting in water so twice a week maybe a little much. Water it deeply as opposed to twice a week. Also check your leaves for pest.

The plant is very graceful.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for the advice Pat:) From now on, I'll water it less often. I checked its leaves for pests and they look healthy, I haven't noticed any nasty creatures:)

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
beautiful plant... don't water by how many days, but by the soil... let it dry out on top and water when they soil is still barely damp when you stick your finger in it ... schefflera will definitely drop leaves if too much or too little water. I also acclimate new plants for a week to their new room before repotting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for the advice NatalieW:) Fortunately, my schefflera is doing much better now. It doesn't drop leaves anymore:D

Reaction score
Country
United States
My Schefflera (which I’ve had for many years, nursing it through nearly dying from a pest) looked nice and full, like your photo. Now it looks like this, and it is losing leaves. I found that I was giving it way too much water, and the water was sitting in the dish of the pot forever. Trying to dry it out now. I have another schefflera plant that I started from a piece I accidentally broke off (I couldn’t bear to throw it away). It is doing well, nice and full, but is only a single trunk. I’m wondering if I should repot it to join this big plant. I know I should prune this plant, but I can’t stand the thought of doing that…
image.jpg

Ask a Question