Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG

These are my irises that were blooming this year! I had a light blue one as well but it didn't make it. With so much rain they didn't grow as tall as previous years, and I also had only five stalks to enjoy. Hopefully we will get some summer weather soon for the other plants to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Icy. Your Irises are lovely. We recently moved into our home and were surprised at the lovely irises that bloomed in our backyard that turned out to be yellow. There was also a surprize patch in the front yard of graceful purple irises! I have a new appreciation for the iris. Thanks for sharing your pics !

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have a friend in Idaho who sells Iris bulbs. She has a huge garden and she keeps posting pictures on FB. Your flowers look gorgeous. Pity that they do not grow here. .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Nice colors, I didn't have as many blooms this year on my irises and it seem there blooms didn't last as long, only had one white iris bloom this year last year had over 2 doz blooms, maybe next year will be better for them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hi Icy. Your Irises are lovely. We recently moved into our home and were surprised at the lovely irises that bloomed in our backyard that turned out to be yellow. There was also a surprize patch in the front yard of graceful purple irises! I have a new appreciation for the iris. Thanks for sharing your pics !

I also inherited these beauties when I moved in this house. They are true die-hard perennials and I don't have to care for them at all. The light yellow and light blue didn't bloom at all this year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a friend in Idaho who sells Iris bulbs. She has a huge garden and she keeps posting pictures on FB. Your flowers look gorgeous. Pity that they do not grow here. .

I am surprised that they can't grow there, @grouie as they would make a great selection in your beautiful garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice colors, I didn't have as many blooms this year on my irises and it seem there blooms didn't last as long, only had one white iris bloom this year last year had over 2 doz blooms, maybe next year will be better for them.

Same thing happened to me this year also, and yes the bloom didn't last long at all. They came and went in about three days for me here. I was happy to snap these pictures.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have not seen them anywhere.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're so lovely!:) The last one is the prettiest:) I like irises very much, because they remind me of butterflies. I wish it was possible to grow them indoors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They're lovely!
Last fall I planted a big clump that I got from a friend out by my mailbox. I have a stand of leaves two feet wide and at least that tall, but not a single flower. :( I was so looking forward to seeing what color they were going to be. Hopefully next spring.

Reaction score
God, those got to be the most beautiful colored irirses I might have ever seen, I totally loved the one in the first and second pic! What a beautiful yellow tone!! Superb! I might try to grow some indoors.

Ask a Question