Save our Sunburnt Tomatoes!

Bluesamurai

Interested in plants
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My Tomatoes are burnt, but not all the way; is there a way to save them? Only the upper foliage is burnt; what should I do to save them?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My Tomatoes are burnt, but not all the way; is there a way to save them? Only the upper foliage is burnt; what should I do to save them?
How did it burn? Wind, fertilizer or cold. Or did you water too often and the leaf margins are browning..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just remember that when you water saturate them and then let it dry before watering again. You can and will kill a plant by watering too often but you cannot hurt a plant by watering too much at one time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Liquid kelp is something I’ve used to bounce tomatoes back. Now I use a kelp, humic, fulvic, amino blend foliar spray that works like steroids. Preferably something with nitrogen to help them grow more foliage faster. You can find these products at just about any gardening center or co-op.

Bluesamurai

Interested in plants
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Liquid kelp is something I’ve used to bounce tomatoes back. Now I use a kelp, humic, fulvic, amino blend foliar spray that works like steroids. Preferably something with nitrogen to help them grow more foliage faster. You can find these products at just about any gardening center or co-op.
I live in the midwest Kelp is really hard to find.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Coffee grounds are a great soil amendment but liquid kelp or seaweed is better. You can find either at any real nursery. Kelp and seaweed are full of needed minerals.

Ask a Question