Salvia With No Name

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Does anyone know what this incredible salvia is called, please?
It really is the brightest of reds with the blackest of blacks. It was given to me as cutting and it strikes really easily. This one is over 2 meters tall.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 329
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved this into the Plant Identification forum section for you Deborah :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thank you Owdboggy and Silver Surfer. I checked out the link and that's definitely it. Salvia gesneriiflora Tequila. My friend who gave it to me will be thrilled too. And I know I'll remember the Tequila bit. It really suits it being so bright and out there. You can almost hear the party whistles! :ROFLMAO::LOL:;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Just when I thought I had all the salvias I needed, lol. This one reminds me a bit of my batface cuphea in that they have a similar coloring. Might be a nice companion plant for it. I will have to keep an eye out for it in this area.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I just looked up the Batface Cuphea ChanellG. Very cute little face. It would be a nice companion plant for the Tequila salvia. I don't think I could grow it here as it like a warm temperature and we do get frosts in winter but I'd loe to see them together. If you give it a go please show us.:)

Ask a Question