Sago Palms

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have this Sago Palm that I've never been happy with its placement. Someone told me that they're worth a bundle. I was wondering if that's true and if so, who could I sell it to? It's healthy and has frequently produced offspring.

DSC_0033.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They do cost a pretty penny in nurseries, due to their slow growth. You could try looking for nurseries specializing in palms. I used to know a few, but it's been awhile. Don't expect full retail since they're going to have to dig it up themselves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
They do cost a pretty penny in nurseries, due to their slow growth. You could try looking for nurseries specializing in palms. I used to know a few, but it's been awhile. Don't expect full retail since they're going to have to dig it up themselves.
..... and more to the point, they have to make a profit! Plus there's the risk of plant health, even if it looks great. If they sell it to someone else, they as a commercial business have liabilities to consider. I would try to sell it privately and not be greedy on price, maybe ask 30% to 50% less than local retail prices for similar sized plants.

Ask a Question