Sago fronds yellowing

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Hello!

I have a sago palm that i bough a few months ago and it's bottom ring of fronds (almost all of them) started to turn yellow.
I also have an older sago palm that exhibited the same symptoms last winter and lost all of it's fronds by spring. It developed new ones this summer and is now also starting to yellow the same way as the one i just recently bought.

I'm guessing this has something to do with my watering habits. So far, I have been watering the plants once a week.

Please help me diagnose this, I really love those plants and do not want them to lose all the leaves again :(

IMG_5818.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the Forum Norecs I'm Sure Your get some Good Advice Here On Your Palm. Just One Question. Do you move it away from that Radiator when the heating is on ?

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Welcome to the Forum Norecs I'm Sure Your get some Good Advice Here On Your Palm. Just One Question. Do you move it away from that Radiator when the heating is on ?
Hello! Thank you for the quick reply!

I have to admit, it has been on the table near the radiator (as seen on the image) for the past few weeks because it has the most light. Though, the heating has been very minimal. The other sago is a few meters away from the radiator and is developing the same symptoms.

Ask a Question