Safety While Using Electric Tools

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
How do we ensure that we avoid electric shocks while using electric tools? Do we usually replace broken cords or we repair them? Handling electric tools with broken cords can be very dangerous to children. We need to advice them on how to use this tools mostly on wet conditions.

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's best to plug your tools into a GFI outlet. If you are using an extension cord then you can make a GFI controlled cord by simply replacing the end with a GFI in a box. As far as replacing cords if the cord gets cut in the middle I repair it but that's just me. It would be better to replace it. If it is cut and still long enough just replace the end and throw away the short part.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Its always better to replace the cord than repairing it, if we're talking about safety
I also think that we should completely replace cords for new ones. We should also take our tools to qualified technicians to have them repaired. Electric shock can easily kill you, but you can also avoid that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I can only speak for myself, but I'd never try to repair or replace broken cords by myself. It's too dangerous. I'd much rather find someone qualified and ask them for help or simply buy a new tool. Don't try to save money on safety.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We had done plenty of repairs in this house when we moved in because this is a 20-year old house. One consideration was an external electrical outlet in the backyard. It is an outdoor type so when it rains it wouldn't get wet. Using a long extension cord to plug in the socket inside the house is risky for the cord may have leaks and one can get electrocuted.

Ask a Question