Ryobi OHT1855R ONE+ Review

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a lot of box and yew hedging in our garden, and pruning it all can take a good few hours. I've previously used a cheap Bosch NiCad hedge trimmer to go through it, but on just the 3rd year the battery will hardly take a charge.

Instead of getting another NiCad battery that will only last a couple of years, I went for a new hedge trimmer that uses Li-Ion batteries that some of my other power tools use - the Ryobi OHT1855R ONE+ :D. I got a good deal on it online and it arrived yesterday and I must have ploughed through trimming at double the speed of my old Bosch!

There's no comparison between this and my old Bosch, the Ryobi is far better in every respect - with one exception: it doesn't cut up to the far end of the blades (the Bosch almost did), so it makes cutting the occasional hedge near a wall harder. My favourite thing about the Ryobi is that is has a "hedge sweep" attachment, which pushes the clippings on to the ground as you cut (very simple, but effective).

A big thumbs up from me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I use ryobi tools in my business. They are very diversified in their selection. What I like is that they have a line of lighter weight "granny" friendly tools. Since a lot of my work is over my head, these really make my job less tiring.

Ask a Question