rye grass?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A little while ago I had a few patches on my lawn and stupidly put ryegrass seed in those areas, and obviously, it's grown too long and spoils the look of the lawn.
TBO the lawn is not like a bowling green (far from it:rolleyes:), but I wondered how/if the ryegrass can be rectified in some way without major surgery?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
A little while ago I had a few patches on my lawn and stupidly put ryegrass seed in those areas, and obviously, it's grown too long and spoils the look of the lawn.
TBO the lawn is not like a bowling green (far from it:rolleyes:), but I wondered how/if the ryegrass can be rectified in some way without major surgery?
Some herbicides impact certain grasses but it can be very situational. For example, you failed to mention the type of other grasses. Lets assume warm season grasses. There are hormones that kill cool grasses but will not kill st aug, burmuda, centipede or zoysia

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm here in the UK. Having been there and done that regarding turf culture etc. Here in the UK, sowing rye grass is not generally a practice for the home garden. Yes! lawn seed mixtures here often contain rye. For instance playing areas and sports fields. A typical seed mix might be. Rye, Yorkshire fog, Canadian brown top. The inclusion of rye grass is for wear and tear. It is a tough species, and will be a problem in the average garden. Heavy commercial like mowing is needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some herbicides impact certain grasses but it can be very situational. For example, you failed to mention the type of other grasses. Lets assume warm season grasses. There are hormones that kill cool grasses but will not kill st aug, burmuda, centipede or zoysia
Sorry, I don't know what the other grass's are. We inherited the lawn with the house

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question