• Total voters
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
image.jpg
I saw these rusty metal pots last year in St. Moritz and just loved them.
I have used a treatment called Rust Effects on this pole in my garden and am keeping an eye open for something remotely like these Swiss ones to copy.
image.jpg
Notice my lovely little family of rusty ducks...I love them.
Also these cute little birds...
image.jpg
Another item I saw in the same city was this fantastic rustic garden seat...great if you were handy and talented
image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I like that kind of stuff in my yard it makes the yard a bit more interesting when you don't have much in bloom.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
As long as your artifacts do not deteriorate over age it is a good idea to create this effect - something off the beaten track.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think they look nice. Personally, I prefer minimalistic, white flower pots, but rusty metal ones are more practical.
Your little birds are very cute!:)

Reaction score
I like everything really excepting the bench in the last picture, not that design at least, but I'd be willing to try with others. I personally love this kind of things:

5eec532285d01a78cbe2f0a90d9d640a.jpg

traditional-landscape.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
(y)I really like the use of the old circular thingie in the first pic too, Trellum and love the rocks steps....very appealing.
Today I've rescued an old black wine stand and am going to try it in my red and yellow garden where I have black metal stuff. I'm hoping to grow a creeper around it. Not sure if it will work but I'll give it a go. I bought 3 little pots of red gaillardia and a double petalled yellow flower (forget what sort and it's too dark and cold to go and check) today for this garden. Very exciting, looking forward to putting it all in place when it's daylight!!!:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I like that kind of stuff in my yard it makes the yard a bit more interesting when you don't have much in bloom.
I agree Fernsdaddy. I like to have interesting focal points around my garden. I have these rather angular ones and then I have pretty in my cottage garden and I have what I think is a lovely wrought iron swing with gorgeous little ducks nearby tucked in amongst greenery. I love to play with these ideas!!!! Keeps me amused:).
In the far corner of my garden I have a huge echium which when in bloom is a dramatic display of purple. I bought a purple garden setting, a small round table and 2 chairs for just your reasoning. When not in bloom I still have purple.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
@DeborahJane I love your bench made from log. It reminds me of the log bench we had when I was young. They say it takes weeks for 2 persons to carve that bench because the log is hard wood. There are wood shops that sell such benches but... so expensive.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
@DeborahJane I love your bench made from log. It reminds me of the log bench we had when I was young. They say it takes weeks for 2 persons to carve that bench because the log is hard wood. There are wood shops that sell such benches but... so expensive.
Its not actually my log bench, I just saw it on my travels. I just liked the craftsmanship in it. I'm sure it would have been very expensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Its not actually my log bench, I just saw it on my travels. I just liked the craftsmanship in it. I'm sure it would have been very expensive.

Log bench is always an attraction here and I guess it would be a piece of art abroad particularly in the US. You are right, a log bench is expensive and I sometimes feel bad when I see a log bench in the terrace getting wet by the rain. It is not meant to be put outdoors because the wood will be destroyed with constant exposure to water.

Ask a Question