Rubber tree leaves drooping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I got a burgundy rubber tree a few weeks ago and noticed yesterday that some of its leaves are drooping down. None of the leaves have actually fallen off though and they're not discolored or flimsy feeling. I watered yesterday thinking that would make it perk back up but nothing has changed so I'm confused lol. Any ideas why this might be happening or does it just happen sometimes?
1488914735075-1477562196.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
How much/often have you been watering it?
Also they like humidity, so if the air is real dry try spraying the leaves about once a day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
It looks like you are watering it too much. Only water when the soil is dry a few inches into the soil. Not just the top layer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
i actually don't remember when i watered it before yesterday lol. the soil was totally dry though that's why i expected it to perk up after getting watered. and i misted it this morning as well. still no change though. :/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It would repot it. The roots are starting to get bounded.
so i repotted 2 days ago and no change in the droopy leaves. could it just be that the leaves are just a bit too heavy for it to keep upright? overall the plant looks fine. i wiped it down when i bought it and i mist it almost everyday unless i forget which isn't often. it's in a room with 4 south facing windows and a sliding glass door so i think it's getting plenty of light and i don't think too much. i'm not sure what else i can do :/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
It definitely looks like it gets enough light, but the misting and watering might be over doing it. Mine does best when it's a little on the dry side. I water once a week but I rarely drench the soil completely. I only wipe off the leaves on occasion, and almost never mist it. I think if you leave it alone for a bit, it will perk right back up. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello everyone !

I just registered on this forum and this is my first post here as I have a SOS situation.

Of the 3 rubber plants, one has drooping leaves. I stopped watering for a few days - still no change....so I placed it in the sun for about 2 hours... same situation. The top soil was totally dry and hard so I sprinkled some water just to moisten.

The top most leaf is erect though...so just wondering if I should just cut the drooping leaves...

Greatly appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Ask a Question