Rose of Sharon pillar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Help!! We planted 36 White rose of Sharon pillars 6 weeks ago and a few of them are starting to get yellow and brown leaves.

They are planted on a sloped hill, going down the last 4 in a row of 15 are having the discoloration in the leaves. The leaves are turning yellow and some brown (shriveled up dead) starting from the top of the plant and going down. The soil is clay but it was amended when we planted all of them. Does this seem like a watering or drainage issue?

We have another row of 15 on the opposite side of the house with no issues. Both have the same slope and receive the same amount of sun and water from a drip system.

Reaction score
Country
United States
D8696834-B921-41E5-9DD2-ABD1DB2BBEAE.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Mine is not doing well either. I dug it up today, moved it a foot and a half away from its spot. Added top soil from the garden nursery all around the root ball and on top.

Mine was attacked by bugs. Check under the leaves, the critters like to hide there. I was trying to zoom in on your photo and I didn't see anything. Do you have any close ups?

Ask a Question