Rose fertilizer

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I've had excellent results with Bio Advanced Rose and Flower care...its an all in one product that's super easy. We're all organic on the veggies and fruit tress but roses and flowers get the systemic treatment around here.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I use Miracle-Gro Rose Plant Food for roses.

Check out the BioAdvanced I posted...its one stop shopping...treats for Japanese Beetles, Aphids, Caterpillars, etc. as well as disease control for black spot (which formerly was very prominent in my roses and required undesirable spraying) powdery mildew, rust, southern blight, etc. not to mention excellent fertilizer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Check out the BioAdvanced I posted...its one stop shopping...treats for Japanese Beetles, Aphids, Caterpillars, etc. as well as disease control for black spot (which formerly was very prominent in my roses and required undesirable spraying) powdery mildew, rust, southern blight, etc. not to mention excellent fertilizer.
@Meadowlark, Thank you for the recommendation.

Reaction score
Country
United States
There are several types of fertilizer that can be used for rosebushes. The most common types include:
  • Balanced Fertilizer: This type of fertilizer contains equal amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium (NPK) and is ideal for promoting healthy growth and flowering in rosebushes.
  • Slow-release Fertilizer: Slow-release fertilizers release nutrients gradually over time and can provide your rosebushes with a steady supply of nutrients for several months.
  • Organic Fertilizer: Organic fertilizers are made from natural materials such as compost, bone meal, and fish emulsion. They are great for improving soil fertility and promoting healthy growth in rosebushes.
  • Liquid Fertilizer: Liquid fertilizers are fast-acting and can provide your rosebushes with an immediate boost of nutrients. They are ideal for use during the growing season when plants need an extra boost of nutrients.
When choosing a fertilizer for your rosebushes, it's important to read the label carefully and follow the instructions for application. Also, keep in mind that different types of roses may have different fertilizer requirements, so it's always a good idea to do some research and consult with a gardening expert to determine the best fertilizer for your specific variety of rose.

For more info check out the following resource
The Brainy Gardener is an online gardening resource that provides practical, real-life tips, tutorials and inspiration for novice and expert gardeners alike.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question