Roots on TOP of the succulent??

Reaction score
Country
United States
hi everyone! So i've got this crassula perforata growing roots near the top of the plant. It doesn't seem to be a problem and I'm just gonna let it do its thing, but I'm not sure why this happening? Has anyone ever seen this before?
20200510_111927.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its a survival mechanism the plant has built in to assure itself a way to survive in case a stem or leaf breaks. Any part of the plant breaks and falls on the soil it will reroot itself. I just lay the leaves and stems on top of a plate of cactus mix and let them root. They root so easy and are remarkable. Here are a couple photos of succulents I layed on the soil to root. So much Fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1753.JPG
    IMG_1753.JPG
    203.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 116
Reaction score
Country
United States
Its a survival mechanism the plant has built in to assure itself a way to survive in case a stem or leaf breaks. Any part of the plant breaks and falls on the soil it will reroot itself. I just lay the leaves and stems on top of a plate of cactus mix and let them root. They root so easy and are remarkable. Here are a couple photos of succulents I layed on the soil to root. So much Fun.
Beautiful plants!

Ask a Question