Root maggot in soil? Help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
The strawberries were on the bottom touching the soil and starting to rot. As I inspected it, I see little white worms crawling around it. After disgarding it, I go check my dragon fruits and I see the slightest thing move in the soil near the stem. I brush a layer of the soil off to see more of those same white worms. Eating the cactus. It's rotting where they are eating it. I quickly drenched the soil with neem and spinosad.

How to get rid of them? The soil of the dragon fruit is getting wetter than usual with all the rain we've been getting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The strawberries were on the bottom touching the soil and starting to rot. As I inspected it, I see little white worms crawling around it. After disgarding it, I go check my dragon fruits and I see the slightest thing move in the soil near the stem. I brush a layer of the soil off to see more of those same white worms. Eating the cactus. It's rotting where they are eating it. I quickly drenched the soil with neem and spinosad.

How to get rid of them? The soil of the dragon fruit is getting wetter than usual with all the rain we've been getting.

God that's dangerous, depending on how big the plants are I think you should replant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Might be white ant/ termites. You have already drenched the soil, that should take care of it.

Ask a Question