Rooftop cherry tree! We have some cherries!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone.
I am so excited to have 20 or so cherries our young cherry tree that is on our roof. We have been working hard for the last couple of years trying to grow the tree properly on the roof. I think it may actually have worked. I'm just not sure what's wrong with the leaves still...Maybe too much water or heat on the roof? I'm so excited that I made a short video showing it (it was 6:00 am so I may seem a little slow, just rolled out of bed:))

Rooftop Cherry Tree video link

CHerries on tree LR.jpg
cherries LR.jpg

Attachments

• cherries LR.jpg
    cherries LR.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

That's wonderful that you have a roof garden. Do you grow many other plants on your roof as well. Most roofs should have gardens on them, if the local climate allows. When you think about it the amount of wasted roof space in the world is staggering.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

That's wonderful that you have a roof garden. Do you grow many other plants on your roof as well. Most roofs should have gardens on them, if the local climate allows. When you think about it the amount of wasted roof space in the world is staggering.
Thanks, and yes I agree 100% Not easy or cheap to make one though. So a big hurtle here in NYC. It would be great if governments could subsidize it at some point to help reduce sewer flooding and heat wave problems in cities...

Ask a Question